RIDER OF THE DAY: Sienna Myson-Davies - 14 September 2011
Surrey-based Sienna was double Junior Gold Medallist at the European Championships in 2008, and won the Junior Final Trial in 2009. She has taken a break from the sport since 2009 owing to horse injury, but is now back on form proving this by being the highest placed Young Rider at the Express Eventing Qualifier at The Festival of British Eventing. Sienna has a blog on Horse Hero which you can see here.
TWENTY QUESTIONS WITH.......Sienna Myson-Davies
1. How old were you when you started riding, who introduced you to riding and which was your first horse?
I have been riding ever since I was about 18 months old. Mum used to lead me around Richmond park on a gorgeous grey pony called Tommy.
2. How did you choose the music for the dressage to music phase?
I have a lovely friend called Kathryn Delevigne who has a wonderful ear for music. She found the songs I will be using!
3. Do you think horses enjoy the music, and do you feel it makes a difference to their/your performance?
Tambourine certainly enjoys it!!!!! It does seem to give him that extra ‘spark’ that he doesn’t always need! Gatcombe was the first time we have done dressage to music and he was doing little squeels throughout the test!
4. How much practice did the dressage to music phase take?
A fair amount, as I had to get the timing of the music to perfection.
5. What has been your most memorable moment of the Express Eventing 2011 Series so far?
Gatcombe. That is the was my first express eventing competition of the season.
6. Who would be in your dream multi-national Olympic eventing team?
Me, William Fox-Pitt, and my Italian friends Vittorio Pagano, and Stefano Fiovoranti
7. Do you reward your horses for a good performance and, if so, how?
Yes, always! Kisses and pat’s aswell as a little treat. For example, barley grass powder (which they love)!
8. What has been the highlight of your career to date and why?
Winning 2 Gold medals at the Junior European Championships with Tambourine.
9. What was your favourite subject at school and why?
Either English or PE. DEFINATLY NOT MATHS!
10. If you weren’t a professional event rider what would you like to do?
I would love to be a F1 driver, and keep up the presenting.
11. What would you most like to win that you haven’t already?
The Express Eventing Final.
12. What is your favourite holiday destination?
Either Mauritius or Mykonos.
13. Which horse would you most like to have had the opportunity to compete on and why?
Moorlands Tortillas. I can imagine him being an absolute dream to ride.
14. When did you last fall off?
When Tambo was coming back into work after his injury. I fell off him twice in one day.
15. Do you have any pets at home?
Yes. We have loads of chickens, (most of which we saved from a Battery farm). We also have a gorgeous Pomeranian dog called Pom pom, and of course all the horses.
16. What’s your favourite meal – and can you cook it?
Hmmm, that’s a difficult one! I’d have to go with my mum’s Roast Chicken. I can cook it, yes. But for some reason, it always tastes better when mum has.
17. Do you have any lucky charms or superstitions?
Yes, my Angel wing charm necklace given to me by a very special friend called Linda Lawry. She gave it to me as good luck when she came to watch me at Gatcombe.
18. What’s your favourite one-day event?
It has got to be Great Tew. That event has a great atmosphere and that part of the world is breathtakingly stunning.
19. What are you most looking forward to at the Final at the Horse of the Year Show?
The huge crowd, tambo and I performing infront of such a massive audience, and seeing all my friends and loved ones who are coming to support me. My God parents for example are coming all the way from Spain to watch me perform.
20. Who are you tipping to win the Final at the Horse of the Year Show?
I am really hoping I do, but if not it’s a toss between Matthew, Sam or Flora, I think.
WATCH SIENNA'S DRESSAGE TO MUSIC TEST AT THE FESTIVAL OF BRITISH EVENTING QUALIFIER BY CLICKING HERE.
Visit Sienna's website
Read other articles